How Music Lessons Lighten Homeschool Planning

It's back-to-school planning time and for homeschool families, lesson planning can often take longer than teaching. As a homeschool parent, I get it. I'm a professional guitar teacher, but in our homeschool I am the Science and Bible teacher. I know what it's like to spend 20 minutes prepping something for science class and it only gets a 20 second spotlight in the actual lesson. Combine all the subjects and that's a lot of prep time to meet the 4 hours per day of school children's needs.

That's one of the bonus benefits of music lessons for homeschoolers. Let's say your child takes guitar lessons from me as part of their education. It's a 30-minute lesson, but to truly learn an instrument, students need to practice at least 30-minutes everyday. That takes care of 2 1/2 hours of school time every week!

I am currently scheduling students for the new school year and have a few openings available (ages 6 and up). Lessons are 30-minutes, once a week and cost $130 per month (no extra charge for a 5-week month.) Hour lessons are available for advanced students. Besides guitar, I also offer lessons on bass guitar, ukulele, stage performance, songwriting, and artist development. Adult students are welcome, too!

I'm located just half a mile off I-65 (Exit 65, Hwy. 96) in Franklin. If you'd like to add guitar lessons to your homeschool plan this year, call me, Marty Keith, at 615 415 1942 or email johnmartinkeith at hotmail dot com

Read the rest of this post here at its original location on HomeschoolingWC. com